Heir Hunters Series 9 Preview - Finders are back in action!
It was all hands on deck when the case of Roger Stuart Lennon, initially referred privately to the Finders team became public. Aware that competing firms would also be seeking out Roger's rightful heirs, Finders boss Daniel Curran put everyone on the job of tracing Roger's beneficiaries.
CATCH up - Finders on BBC Heir Hunters Series 8
Follow Finders team of researchers along the exciting trail of discovery that leads through a family history that covers the First World War and shines a light on the old world of domestic service. Meet family members and hear their recollections as the Finders team trace Pub Landlord Michael Naish’s heirs in this episode of the new series of Heir Hunters..
Finders International Probate Genealogists
Finders are one of the world’s leading firms of international probate genealogists. We trace missing heirs and next of kin for Lawyers, Corporate & State Trustees, Councils, Administrators, Executors, Hospitals, Coroners & others needing to identify and locate beneficiaries to estates, funds and assets worldwide.
A SAFE & SECURE SERVICE WITH NO FINANCIAL RISKS; WORKING PRACTICES & ETHICS THAT ARE SECOND TO NONE
• We guarantee that we will only be paid if and when you receive your inheritance.
• We guarantee that you can never inherit a debt.
• A free family tree for every heir who retains our services is included (please note that family trees are compiled in most, but not all cases).
• A correspondence forwarding service for every heir who retains our services is included should you wish to contact other family members.
• Prompt and efficient service throughout the Estate administration backed by ISO certification. (ISO 9001: 2008 Total Quality Management & ISO/IEC 27001: 2005 Data & Information Security Management Systems).
• A company with £2 million Professional Indemnity Insurance. All risks are covered
• Data Protection registered under registration number Z6654345 which means your details will be held securely in strict confidence.
The Professional Association of Legal Services
More about PALS
What it is
• PALS was formed in 2002 to address the gap in the regulation of the independent legal services industry whereby there was no protection for the clients of companies who may cease to trade without a commercial successor. This situation potentially left the client vulnerable to losing contact with their Wills and other services they had bought.
• For almost 10 years PALS has been providing security and peace of mind to the clients of its members by guaranteeing the continuity of services purchased from its members.
Who it represents
• PALS membership is made up of the leading Legal Services companies in the UK
• With hundreds of individual advisors under the umbrella of the largest companies in the industry, PALS represents in the region of 70% of the Wills written in the independent legal services sector.
• It’s members are committed to client satisfaction and strive to be market leaders in providing protected services for their clients.
Aims and intentions
• The aim of PALS is to provide reassurance and protection to clients so they can buy with certainty in an uncertain world.
Care for the client
• •PALS will provide continuity of service to its members clients giving them peace of mind when they purchase goods and services from its members.
•When dealing with a member of PALS you can be assured that the services you have purchased are backed by a reputable and established organisation which has many years’ experience behind it.
•You have the benefit of being looked after by the largest organisation of its type and will benefit from its seamless processes so should its services ever be needed it will be as if nothing had ever changed.
•PALS membership is limited to those companies with a proven track record in the legal services industry so you know you are dealing with a reputable established and secure company.
What PALS will do for the client
• In the unlikely event of a PALS member not being able to provide the services to which its clients are entitled, the remaining companies within the organisation undertake to provide those services at no additional charge to the client.
What it is not
• PALS is not a regulatory body and as such is not in a position to address complaints regarding its individual members or their representatives.
• PALS will however try and resolve any issues or disputes between its members and their clients where possible.
Close ties with Aviva insurance
meaning that we can provide an insurance policy to protect our beneficiaries from ever having to repay their inheritance inheritance at no cost to any individual. See our pages on insurance or contact us for more information.
• Financial Conduct Authority authorised and regulated for insurance business.
• Estate Administration at discounted rates through referral to one of our selected panel of independent Lawyers*. This ensures that if the Estate is insolvent (or under £500 in total) ), or you are disinherited for any reason (such as a will leaving the estate to others, or closer kin being found) you will not have to pay any legal fees at all under any circumstances.There are no referral fees between Finders and any firm of Lawyers we recommend (please note that if you retain your own solicitor you may have to pay their fees from your own funds, regardless of the outcome).
WARNING – We have found some unscrupulous companies offering ‘in-house’ probate administration. This is being sold quite forcefully to some heirs as a seemingly ‘convenient’ proposition. In reality, by following this course of action you may inadvertently be losing the independent oversight of the Solicitors Regulation Authority as the Heir Hunter and the Estate Administration Service are one and the same people. We have seen several instances of massive overcharging by these ‘administration firms’. As they also handle YOUR MONEY you may find it near impossible to challenge their fees or practices.
Finders NEVER handle your money at any time.
We strongly recommend all Estate Administration work is conducted by INDEPENDENT legal practices regulated by the SRA
Association of Professional Genealogists (APG) The APG is the globally recognised association for genealogists and heir hunters. It operates a Code of Ethics, which members must agree to be bound by individually in order to join. Whilst many companies have only one or two token members of the APG, (usually just to acquire use of the APG logo), the person handling your case must be a member individually and agree to the Code of Ethics.If they are not a member of the APG personally you cannot complain to the APG about them should they breach the Code of Ethics.Every Case Manager at Finders has joined the APG individually and, therefore, are separately bound by it’s Code of Ethics, ensuring your recourse to the APG if we fail to reach the expected standards. All researchers at Finders are proud members of the Association of Professional Genealogists.
D&B D-U-N-S Number® is a unique nine-digit sequence recognised as the universal standard for identifying and keeping track of over 240 million businesses worldwide.
Why should you have a D-U-N-S Number?
It enhances the credibility of your business in the marketplace.
It enables potential customers, suppliers and lenders to easily identify and learn about your company.
It is recognised, recommended and/or required by more than 50 global, industry and trade associations, including the United Nations, the U.S. Federal Government, the Australian Government and the European Commission.
In today’s global economy, the D-U-N-S® Number has become the standard for keeping track of the world’s businesses. Our company Registration Number is: 3501521 and our D-U-N-S Number is:23-502-1651.
EXTRACT FROM OUR D&B REPORT:
D&B Risk Rating
Proceed with transaction – offer extended
terms if required
How does its D&B Risk Rating compare with other businesses in the same industry?
Superior to other firms in this industry
Are there any significant legal proceedings/events against this business?
• Registered and approved Expert Witnesses in-house. Approved by 3 different expert witness organisations.
• Over 50 highly experienced professional UK staff.
• Ethical representatives who are not paid commission according to results or signatures obtained.
• Ethical Practices – We sponsored a new school to enable it to open in London see www.daniaschool.com
• Freephone number 0800 085 8796 for your use. We are the only company to answer calls 24 hours day, 7 days a week, all calls answered by UK personnell.WARNING – As with many industries there are rogue traders operating. There have been cases of serious fraud and imprisonment. There is no regulatory body for heir hunters and no official unions or associations for professional firms. So how can you tell who is who? Sometimes it’s as simple as entering the name of the firm or its directors names into Google and searching for complaints about them. We encourage this whole-heartedly as we have an immaculate record. Check the firms credentials and accreditations too – we believe ours to be of the highest calibre, comprehensive and thoroughly reassuring.
Some companies, even large ones, have been taken to Court and found guilty of various misdemeanours – Finders have never been taken to Court by anyone and have only been to court to take action against other firms or individuals to protect the industry from rogue traders and heirs from illegal practice, and we have won every case! Why not ask other firms if they can say this about themselves!
We strongly recommend that you check the internet, or ask an INDEPENDENT legal practice regulated by the SRA for their opinion on Finders or any other company. We are so confident of Finders being given a positive report, we offer you the chance to take up a free recommendation from such firms – please contact us if you wish to use this free service.