It was all hands on deck when the case of Roger Stuart Lennon, initially referred privately to the Finders team became public. Aware that competing firms would also be seeking out Roger's rightful heirs, Finders boss Daniel Curran put everyone on the job of tracing Roger's beneficiaries.
AVIVA Insurance Products
Finders have a convenient ‘self-approval’ arrangement with Aviva. Once our report is completed we can apply for and obtain policies for your consideration instantly. In many cases a draft policy is forwarded along with our report. In some cases a proposal form may be needed and we will advise where this is the case. Premiums are one-off payments made by the Estate.
Please note that in most cases we can only obtain Missing Beneficiary Indemnity Insurance policies where we have either completed a full report or an independent verification of existing research. However, we may be able to support an application for insurance where it appears that further research is either not required or not financially viable.
We are authorised regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) membership number 310772.
Finders are the longest standing provider of AVIVA online policies. Please note all policies are for UK domicile deceased Estates only.
The purpose of all the insurance policies we provide is to ensure that, once an Estate is distributed, those who have benefitted will never be asked to repay all or part of their inheritance at any time in the future. Finders always recommend the Missing Beneficiary Comfort Policy as a minimum for the security and peace of mind of all Administrators and Executors.
Typically insurance may be required when:
- Specific heirs or branches of a family simply cannot be traced
- It is no longer economically viable to continue with research in an attempt to locate the ‘missing’ heirs
- When all heirs may seemingly have been found and a comfort policy* is required
- Finders have produced a report confirming the situation and recommending insurance cover
- Finders Missing Will Search service has been completed and no valid will has been found
Missing Beneficiary Comfort Policy
- Cover against claims from any prior claimants to an intestacy or additional missing or unknown heirs coming forward after distribution. Highly recommended.
Missing Beneficiary Indemnity Policy
- Cover against future claims from specific missing heirs or unknown parts of a family tree.
Missing Will Insurance
- On completion of our Missing Will Service cover against a Will being found after distribution (or a more recent Will than the one used) can be obtained which disinherits the beneficiaries who have already received an inheritance.
Combined Comfort & Missing Will Insurance
- Cover for all possible eventualities, a Will being found at a later date or prior or additional claimants to an intestacy coming forward after distribution.
Free 5% Escalator Clause
- You can now select a 5% escalator clause which will automatically increase the Limit of Indemnity by 5% of the original amount at each of the first 10 anniversaries of the policy start date, for no extra charge.
Q. How long do policies run for?
There is no time limit on a claim being made or expiry date for the policy.
Q. What is a ‘limit of indemnity’?
This is the maximum amount the insurers will pay out in the event of a claim, or multiple claims. It is important therefore to ensure you have set the limit of indemnity at an appropriate amount and we can advise on this if required.
Q. What about interest on the amount of a claim if time has passed since the policy was issued?
This can be prepared for in 2 ways. Firstly, and perhaps more simply, a simple calculation of a ‘worst case scenario’ can be made and the limit of indemnity increased to cover for this. Often this will not increase the premium by much, if at all. Secondly, you can request an ‘Escalator Clause’, whereby the insurers will increase the limit of indemnity by a certain % each year for a limited number of years (usually 6 years). This option requires some manual calculation and therefore takes a little more time to obtain and will increase the premium payable. The exact rate of interest and period it is payable for varies from time to time and will be confirmed when an Escalator Clause is requested.